Lead Security Officer
Do you know that the relationship between a supervisor and the security officer is the key to success?
Are you empathetic towards your team members?
Do you lead by example?
Do you have keen attention to detail?
If you answered YES, to all of the above, then you might be a good fit to join the JSB team.
Lead Security officers are required to travel to different sites daily
Expected skills and competencies necessary to perform duties including but not limited to:
- Travel to 4 - 6 sites during your shift by public transportation or using personal car
- Providing clear and definitive leadership and discipline to guards
- Inspect all security guards
- Orientate and assist new and existing security guards
- Prepare and monitor books logs and reports
- Assist site manager and other JSB personnel in providing proper instructions and directions to security guards
- Must be able to work weekends
- Overnight 12AM to 8AM & Morning 7AM to 3PM
- Full time
Salary: Please submit salary request with resume and application.
- Valid New York State Security Guard License
- Flexible work schedule (must be able to work weekends)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Command of the English language and ability to be clearly understood in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills to include (Smartphones, etc.)
- Knowledge of NYC public transportation system
- Professional Demeanor and Appearance
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction & Safety certification
- Fireguard F-60 certification
- High Level of Integrity
- Strong Work Ethic
- Customer service orientated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with other security team members
- Prior proven supervisor experience – 3 years
- Prior security, law enforcement or military experience – 3 years
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verification's, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Please submit salary request with resume and application.